Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MAC Blushes - Springsheen & Peachykeen

I don't know why I didn't try MAC's blushes earlier. It was actually reading that Springsheen was the closest dupe for NARS Orgasm but with a better formula that prompted me to try it out. However when I swatched them at the counter I decided to get Peachykeen first since it was a bit pinker. I ended up caving and not much later going back for Springsheen though.

They look almost identical in the pan, but don't let that fool you, they are definitely different enough that you need both. As you can see from the swatches, Springsheen is much peachier with a golden cast, and Peachykeen is much pinker with a pink and golden cast. One reason I chose Springsheen over a couple other similar colors (Nars Orgasm and Too Faced Who's Your Poppy?) is that it isn't all that glittery, it has the golden sheen but it's not glittery or too "disco ball/glitter explosion" either. I like shimmer for a natural highlight since I don't use highlighter, but I don't want to go overboard. I've really been into peachy blushes lately and these certainly fit the bill!

I recommend getting either one or both, they are summer blush essentials, in my opinion! Especially if you are like me and don't want to or can't wear bronzers, I feel peachy blushes are the next best thing for a very summery look.

Top: Left-Springsheen, Right-Peachykeen
Bottom: Front-Springsheen, Back-Peachykeen

5 comments:

  1. I actually strongly disagree about Orgasm & Springsheen being dupes--so much that I did a comparison post on it, two entirely different blushes IMHO.

    Anyway, I love/have both Springsheen and Peachykeen. I love both equally and they look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ JC - Yeah I don't remember the particulars when I swatched them on my arm at the mall...I think Orgasm was more sheer and maybe more sparkly?? Either way I like Springsheen more, personally, and it's a bit cheaper...I also liked Who's Your Poppy? but it was more sparkly and you get way less in it than you get in Springsheen for $0.50 more...

    Thanks! I love them, they have really sparked a bit of a MAC blush obsession. I don't want to collect them all or anything, but I definitely want more down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peachykeen is such a pretty colour!! I actually want to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @charlene-ann - definitely give it a go! It's such a lovely blush and would look great on anybody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just saved me from buying a very coral undertone blush (Peachykeen). I think i'll go for springsheen! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete