Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lipstick Mania

I never used to like lipstick, before I got into lip gloss I tried it just because I was a kid and I didn't know what else was out there. I could never get the kind of finish I wanted (high shine) and it was like it sucked the moisture right out of my lips. Well, fast forward years later and here I am just discovering the wonders of lipstick thanks to that Ulta 40% off sale that I partook in on Friday. I wouldn't have picked up Revlon Temptress otherwise because of my old dislike of lipstick. But it was cheap and it was a nice color that goes with a nail polish I already have so I decided to just give it a chance.

I'm really glad I got that particular lipstick too because from what I'd heard afterwards Revlon is pretty much the best drugstore lipstick you can get. If I'd gotten a lipstick and it had issues it would have just proved me right and I'd never get lipstick again probably. I wouldn't call the formula on these moisturizing but they certainly aren't drying which is fine by me. If my lips are too dry I just put something over it, no harm done! I really want to get more lipstick (since I just have to hoard anything I like) but I am not sure what other shades to get as I think I got a good mix already. A plum, a darkish pink and a wine red...I could always get shades in the middle I suppose.

I know that I'd like to try some other ranges of Revlon lipstick, and I'd like to see if I can find a truly moisturizing lipstick as well, that would be ideal. I think though that the next step is probably for me to get a high-end brand. Oh and it has to have cute packaging. I noticed most of the other drugstore brands have some pretty clunky looking packaging on their lipstick....

L-R: Iced Amethyst, Temptress, Wine With Everything.

3 comments:

  1. Hm, maybe I'll have to try Revlon, because one of my big dislikes about lipstick is how dry it can feel. Ha ha, whenever I have a job interview or a big presentation, my mom's only advice to me is invariably, "Wear lipstick!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that was my #1 issue with it too. This isn't exactly moist, I'd call it neutral....it's as if you weren't wearing anything at all. You can always put a little lip balm or lip gloss over it if you need a little help too.

    ReplyDelete