Friday, June 10, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Ok, I know I am super late to the game on this one, but I finally picked up the Urban Decay Naked palette last night at Macy*s. I just couldn't bring myself to spend so much (although technically a very good deal) on neutral eyeshadows before. However, lately I've been playing around more with eyeshadow and realized that neutrals are better for me in the whole scheme of things. Also bright colors make me look stupid and clownish and I feel like Mimi from the old Drew Carey show, yuck!

Mostly blue does this to me, however the bright eyeshadow I want to wear most of the time IS blue or teal, so this makes me just want to give up on bright colors. I think I can pull it off with just a hint of color on the outside V of my eyelid, but no more than that and it has to be a neutral for the base. So this palette is a good idea for me even if I do decide to wear a little color. Only thing I feel it's missing is pink, which I love. But I have other pinks so it's not really a big deal at all...it'd just be nice to have one in there is all.

The only thing is that there are so many colors in here I don't even know where to start! I mean, I managed ok but I am interested in what other people have done with this palette.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry you're not the only one who's super late to the game with this one- I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and the thing is it hasn't even arrived yet! I'm pretty much a neutral girl too,we'll have to see how it goes with all those lovely colours to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Carla - Where did you order it from, was it backordered? I'd go nuts waiting 2 weeks x_X. I'm sure you'll love it, if you love neutrals you really can't go wrong here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And like Carla said, no worries. I bought one at Macy's to give to my friend as a birthday present too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ JC - Thanks xD. Macy*s seems like the best bet to find these things eh. Last night I got the last one, but last time I checked they had loads, I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete