Thursday, June 30, 2011

NOTD: Essie Smooth Sailing & Essie Coat Azure

I put off getting Essie Smooth Sailing since I thought it would be too similar to Coat Azure but I am glad I got over it (a $5 coupon helped too) and got Smooth Sailing since other than being blue they are nothing alike. I have Smooth Sailing on all nails other than the accent nail which has Coat Azure which as you can see is not as shimmery and much lighter/brighter than Smooth Sailing. All in all I prefer Smooth Sailing, but if you were on the fence like I was rest assured these colors are nothing alike (like I was told when I was still waffling over it), hopefully this helps. The formula on both is amazing, makes me wonder why I don't have way more of Essie in my collections.

Sorry about my terrible cuticles, yikes!

2 comments:

  1. I love both colors, though I only have Coat Azure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ JC - I love Coat Azure, it applies so beautifully it was pretty much good to go in 1 coat but I put 2 for the heck of it. Smooth Sailing NEEDED 2 which still is very good.

    ReplyDelete