Saturday, April 30, 2011

Guerlain Terracotta Gloss in Salsa & Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Clearly Pink

Even though I like those Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Glosses (which I will post about later) I am kind of done with sparkly lip gloss right now. They are fun but for some reason clear gloss has just been calling to me lately, especially as something to wear every day (sparkles are cool but not something I will constantly reach for). Ever since I first saw the promo pictures for the Guerlain Terra Inca Gloss in Salsa I've been wanting it pretty badly (ok this is only like a week but still). I'll still probably get a Balmshell gloss in the future as my every day gloss like that though, since sadly this Guerlain is LE since it's from their summer collection that just came out.

Having said that, if I can get more nice Guerlain glosses I certainly would. This might be my favorite gloss ever. I just put it on so I can't say anything about wear time yet but it's the smoothest least sticky gloss I've ever felt that wasn't claiming to be a balm. Even then it's much smoother. I am going to take a guess and say that this probably isn't a long-lasting gloss since as most lip gloss fans know that long-last lipglosses usually last so darned long because they are so sticky! EDIT: I have now worn this for longer periods of time and it stays nice for a couple hours at least (with no eating), that's quite something considering the non-sticky and moisturizing quality of this gloss.

Such as the other lip gloss I got last night, Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Clearly Pink. It's sticky (but definitely not that bad at all) but it does last a long time and is very sheer, which is why I chose that color since I got it to wear over my fancy Dior and Armani lipsticks (I didn't want the gloss to overshadow the lipstick). I've decided no matter how fancy they are I just can't wear plain lipstick. I could probably wear the Dior on it's own but it's got so much glitter in it that I need gloss to smooth it out. And just in the end I am a gloss girl all the way.

Isn't the Guerlain tube super pretty? I'm definitely not tossing it ever lol. I have to say, it was definitely a big selling point for me.

Not the best colored picture (color is kind of washed out) since it's the front-facing camera on my iPhone 4... My top lip is "nude" and my bottom lip has the Guerlain gloss. As you can see it's a pretty sheer "my lips but better" color. At first I was a bit disappointed it wasn't more opaque but I think it's a really flattering look now. Glad I didn't get the red since I think this "matches" my lip color really well so as to brighten it. Guerlain's official blurb seems to claim what I've experienced so it's definitely lived up to it's claims, a huge A+ from me here!

Here are swatches of the lipglosses I got, the lighter being Clinique and the darker neon being Guerlain, I think this shows better than my in-tube picture the difference in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment