Sunday, February 13, 2011

Physician's Formula Happy Booster

I am not usually one for face powder (actually I pretty much never use it), but when I found out about this stuff from Scrangie's blog it was just too cute not to try.

It's not only cute, but it's supposed to make you happier...scientifically! Apparently there are plant extracts in it that mimic Endorphins to make you happy. I've been using it every day so far but I can't really say if it actually does that. I don't think it'll lift you out of depression or something serious like that (although looking at it and smelling it certainly will lift your mood) but who knows, maybe after regular use I'll feel some effects. In the short term it will absolutely lift your mood though, with the violet scent (not overpowering) and cute pink-ness and hearts :).

Once I got one I was hooked...I started off with the translucent face powder and although it's very sheer I fell in love. It made me nice and shimmery! But I wanted more...I wanted it to show!

At first I just wanted to get the blush in Rose, but when I FINALLY found it at CVS (after 3 other CVS stores, an Ulta and 2 Targets) they were having a deal for buy one get one 1/2 off of Physician's Formula so I decided to get the beige face powder...I couldn't let such a good deal go and I didn't want to have to go to the trouble to find the face powder later on. And of course the deal was on top of the $3 off coupon on the packaging!!

I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of coverage the face powder has, considering the brush doesn't take a ton of powder off of the compact. I don't feel like I need to use any other face product with this, unless I want to use something to cover up spots. The blush is also surprisingly pigmented but not overpowering at all and very fresh looking.

Altogether I found this makeup gave me a "doll" look that I think is really cute!

Of course, pictures! Sorry about the powder all over, I've used these a few times before taking the pictures...oops!

Top left - beige face powder, top right - rose blush, bottom middle - translucent face powder:
You can lift up the level with the powder to reveal the mirror and brush:
Close up of the brush:

No comments:

Post a Comment