Sunday, February 27, 2011

Army Nails? (Essie Sew Psyched + ChG Cracked Concrete)

Here is my NOTD, and it really is the "TD" part...as in I am only going to keep it on today because I went to the trouble of doing it, but I am not going to "suffer" through it longer than that. I'm redoing it tonight.

I was itching to try Essie Sew Psyched, but I just can't leave well enough alone with cremes so I decided to try for an army/camo kind of look to spice it up a little bit with some China Glaze Crackle Glaze in Cracked Concrete...which fell flat. The gray is just too light to really be noticed unless light is shining right on it and to make matters worse I did one hand completely at a time (usually I go paint all 10 fingers at a time) and then did all my fingers at once with the crackle.

The problem of course is that one hand was MUCH more dry than the other, that hand crackled perfectly but the less dry (it had Seche Vite on it so it was still somewhat dry) hand was just all funky...it crackled more chunky and thick(?) so it just didn't look right. Being as much of a spaz about that kind of thing as I am I just can't leave it with one weird hand, it'll just drive me crazy. I am trying not to pay too much attention to it, but overall I just have to redo my nails tonight.

The good news though is that I LOVE both polishes on their own and they both applied wonderfully and with minimal cleanup but they were my mistakes.

What do you think?:

Of course, this is the hand that came out correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment