Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hard Candy & LA Colors Nail Haul

The other day we took Noah (my son) to Happy Hollow since it was such a nice day after being cold and rainy lately. Afterwards I wanted to take a peek into the (HUGETASTIC) Walmart since I make a point to not go out of my way to Walmart in general (don't really like them, I prefer Target) but when I am near one I'll check it out to see if they have any interesting Hard Candy nail polishes (and maybe at some point other makeup, but right now just polish).

Most of the colors didn't really catch my eye although I want them at some point, they were nothing special. However when I saw Hard Candy Beetle I knew I had to get it, it's a very pretty duochrome glitter in a dark green jelly base that flashes either reddish or yellowish-green depending on how the light hits it. The bottom picture of it in the light in my bathroom most accurately represents the effect. It definitely looks like the wings of a Jewel Beetle so I can see where the name comes from! I might wear this next but I am unsure if I want to wear a hard to remove glitter polish twice in a row...

All 3 pictures taken in the light in my living room.

Taken under the light in my bathroom.

There also was a Dollar Tree adjacent to the Walmart so I also ran in there really quick but boy was it a MESS and just wiped out there was almost no selection, so I am going to see if there is one with actual stock and somewhat more organized...I did get a couple things there, just because they were $1 and I bothered to go in...

Anywho, I ended up getting a very bright reddish orange shimmer (the shimmer particles are gold/yellow/orangey) and a lovely bright blue jelly by LA Colors. I'll have to add the names of these later, when I look at the bottles again, but it was some sort of electricity theme. These aren't usually my types of colors at ALL but I thought with the warm months approaching, and both of these being $1/ea. I might as well add them to my "arsenal" of colors. If I find another Dollar Tree I'll definitely get more colors if they are better stocked than the other one, the formula seems really nice from what I could tell by applying it to the nail wheel. I really hope I can find more, especially in colors I'll use more often.

The blue was the only one that wasn't a warm color that they had left...although that's not saying much since they were low/out of most items...

In my bathroom light.

In the warmer light in the living room.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I really fancy that Hard Candy one. It does look like the shimmer of an insect which sounds almost unappealing when I say it now, but it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete