Saturday, March 12, 2011

Color Club, NYX & Essence Haul

Last night we took the slight schlep out to Ulta (it's not super far, but it's far enough that we don't go all the time), I had heard that the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils were easy to use and good and I remembered that Ulta carried them so I wanted to pick up a couple. Also I've been using eyeliner on my lower lash and water line that coordinates with my eyeshadow, so I thought these might be a good way to have a variety of colors to do that with. I was also looking for a cheap concealer stick that I could keep in my purse since I tend to touch my face a lot so even if I apply concealer in the morning by lunch it's pretty much gone.

There is a Ross next to Ulta, and I'd seen some Color Club nail polish sets there before but either one is stolen or broken, finally I got one that had all the polishes in tact so I picked it up. Not bad, you get 7 for $8! I haven't tried these yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about Color Club so I am looking forward to trying them. I think because of all these shades of pinks I am probably good on pink for a while unless there is something really amazing. Purple too. I pretty much collect blues, and there was only one in the set anyway so I don't see this stopping me from getting more blue :).

I just put on the gold NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, it went on super buttery smooth but only time will tell how the staying power/creasing goes. Hopefully it's good because I really like these things in theory and I have 4 more colors and the sharpener on my Amazon cart to get if it goes well. As much as I like Ulta I am probably not going back out there for another week or 2 at least..

The concealer I got is by Essence, I haven't tried it yet other than quickly on my arm so I am not really sure how good it is but I like the creamy texture a lot. I just hope it works. Originally I had a $10 concealer stick in my basket, but then I saw this one for $2 and decided to just go with it since I had no idea how good the pricier one was and it was just going to end up in my purse anyway. I know I should probably invest in a good concealer, but maybe later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment