Friday, March 18, 2011

NOTD: 80's/Early 90's Crackle


This isn't exactly my most original manicure ever, but I have been dieing to try it since I saw Scrangie do it on her blog. The accent nail however was my idea. Originally I was just going to do it plain, but realized that the black crackle would tie it together more and really go well with it. I chose that color combo because I wanted to do something showing the neon aspect of that era, but as I hate/don't own neon polish I chose something that captures the electric feel. And the polish IS from a neon collection, so it's close enough for me!

Here is what I used:

Accent nail - Color Club Ultra Violet (luminous purple with a bright blue flash) + OPI Black Shatter.
All other nails - Essie French Affair + China Glaze Crushed Candy + China Glaze Cracked Concrete.


I just have to say I love this manicure! Retro is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment