Saturday, March 26, 2011

OPI "Do You Think I'm Tex-y" Sorbet

I was interested in trying a "Sorbet" (which is essentially just a jelly but renamed...) from OPI's Texas collection after seeing some swatches. Not feeling the other colors I decided to go for Do You Think I'm Tex-y, which I'd describe as a strawberry red in artificial light and fuchsia in natural light, it's very pretty and I don't usually wear red...this might even be my first/only! My only beef with it is that although my nails are very short I still get VNL after 4 coats...and any imperfections left from my last manicure (in this case a bit of blue I missed when removing my old polish) are starkly viewable...

I wouldn't say I'd never wear this polish again, it IS very pretty and I like the jelly effect a lot (aside from the VNL) so I am sure come summer this will make it into the rotation since it feels very "fresh" and "juicy" in a way that makes me understand why OPI decided to call it "Sorbet" but I don't think I'll be buying more in the future unless it's a need-to-have color like teal or sea-foam green. Or maybe if they made it a bit more pigmented/opaque.

Because I didn't do an accent nail and I can't leave well enough alone (didn't want it to look weird since I don't really have any other jellies) I decided to try a little splash of sparklies (from Essence) and use my silver LA Colors Art Deco polish to make a little line....it doesn't look bad but I'm not in love with it, oh well...I'll just redo my nails tonight!

Also it was rather late, and the formula of the sorbet was a bit runny so don't mind my paint job, I didn't have the patience to leave a gap between my cuticle and the polish this time.

The bottle.

In direct artificial light.

In natural light.


No comments:

Post a Comment